OAD seeks an experienced, flexible person to handle all accounting functions, and human resources administration. Candidate must have strong analytical and communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of employees, board members, vendors and funders. In addition, candidate must be committed to social justice and the mission of OAD and must be able to work well in a diverse and progressive office environment.
- Maintain effective financial relationships with government funders by assisting with contract and amendment reviews, adhering to billing and analytical requirements, and providing data on OAD as needed;
- Perform all accounts payable and receivables functions including submission of invoices to government agencies using their online systems;
- Handle bill payment;
- Reconcile accounting system (Quickbooks) with fundraising database;
- Handle credit card processing and bank reconciliations;
- Manage cash and arrange and manage credit facilities;
- Negotiate and maintain vendor relationships and conduct analyses to determine best vendor(s) based on price and service;
- Pro-actively maintain insurance coverage, including consistently re-evaluating current conditions and securing different coverage as needed;
- Determine and execute appropriate expense allocation methodologies;
- Maintain all payroll data, oversee time keeping/attendance system and reconcile bi-weekly payroll runs;
- Develop periodic financial reports and variance analyses, and assist with budget development and tracking;
- Prepare financial analyses for external (financial), government and Worker’s Compensation audits;
- Prepare underlying analyses for financial statements and Form 990;
- Work with all auditors providing data/analyses as requested.
Human Resources and Administration Responsibilities
- Streamline and standardize recruitment and hiring processes, including assisting OAD staff in developing job announcements, executing outreach strategies, screening candidates, interviewing, checking references and extending job offers;
- Assist OAD staff with the management of the new hire orientation process, including W-4s, hire letters, direct deposit, etc;
- Maintain personnel files;
- Work with outside consultant(s) in determining nature and cost of annual benefits provided to employees;
- Administer the employee benefit plans including medical, flexible spending and health reimbursement plans, disability, pension plans, TransitCheks;
- Develop and/or update organizational policies and procedures for effectiveness;
- Ensure compliance with key filing and reporting dates.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Finance, or Accounting;
- At least 5 -7 years relevant experience, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Pro and Excel.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Finance and Administration Officer” in the subject line.